Need an Account? Register Today! Forgot Password?


What do I do if I want to have fireworks at my event?

Any event that is planning to have fireworks must follow the procedures outlined in the Kansas City Missouri Fire Department Application for Fireworks Display Permit:

  1. Fireworks display operator must be licensed in the State of Missouri. If your operator is not licensed in Missouri, you must hire an operator who is.
  2. Event Manger must complete the Kansas City Missouri Business License Application for Fireworks Display Permit, and submit this with their application to the Fire Department.
  3. Provide Certificate of Insurance with liability limits of $1M with “City of Kansas City and its elected officials” listed as additional insureds.
  4. Detailed Pyro Packet including all items to be used and detailed layout of the event.

For questions regarding fireworks at events, please contact Kansas City Missouri Fire Prevention Division, 635 Woodland Avenue, #2103, Kansas City, MO 64106 or call 816-513-4644 or 4651.